Culford Village Hall

About Culford Village Hall

Facilities

The main hall which has a stage and stage lighting facilities holds about 120 people. We have a licence for music and dancing events. There is a basic kitchen with a serving hatch to the main hall plus a water boiler for refreshments. There is ample parking available

 

Current charges

£50 per day for regular hirers ( monthly or less ); £8 per hour for residents of Culford, Ingham, West Stow, Wordwell and Culford Heath; £15 per hour for non-residents. Electricity is free but the hall heaters are on three separate timer switches, located at the end opposite the stage. The tables, chairs and car park are free to hirers of the hall.

 

History

The Hall was built in 1914 by Earl Cadogan the then owner of the Culford Estate for the use of its residents.  The Estate was sold in 1934 and in 1936 the new owners, Lambert Brothers, conveyed the Village Hall and surrounding land to local trustees for the benefit of the inhabitants of Culford, Ingham, West Stow, Culford Heath and Wordwell.  The Rector and Churchwardens of Culford, Ingham and West Stow, the Headmaster of Culford School and twelve elected members comprise the management committee.

 

Volunteering

We rely on volunteers to help with the running of the hall.  We are always keen to hear from anyone who would like to help out in any way, whether that is to set up the hall for special events, serve refreshments at events, help with some odd jobs, caretaking, or joining the committee.  If you would like to get involved please contact the village hall committee via the email address culfordvillagehall@gmail.com